Wednesday 20 February 2013

Bargain, or weakness?

I've done it again. I've splurged unexpectedly at the supermarket. But, but, it was the perfect plant. Honest.

The rationale

  • They're hellebores - an item on my fantasy plant list (I'm compiling that at the mo & will it share with you another day).
  • They're white - fitting my colour scheme for shady corner, & being woodland souls shade is what they like.
  • They're face up - many hellebores have droopy flower heads, but not these.
  • They're 2 for £5 - a bargain, surely...?

Hellebores are in flower right now & so there was a huge display in the garden centre on Saturday. & the garden centre wanted £20 per plant.
TWENTY QUID!?!
They were big plants, I admit, but still... I'd want a tree for 20 quid.

So today, when I saw the perfect plant 2 for a fiver, it just had to be done.

Too pretty not to...
Now I just have work on being unrepentant about impulse buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment